Becoming the Pin-Up Girl

I'm on a journey from obesity to health.. and I'm hoping to reveal my inner Pin-Up Girl along the way ;-)

Friday, July 27, 2007

Month ten in the life of the future pin-up girl

Let me just start with the good stuff - I am no longer obese (my BMI is now in the 20s), I've broken the 170s, and I'm in size 10 jeans!!! I'm noticing a big difference in my jawline and my profile - I keep finding myself staring in mirrors, in awe of the changes in my body and my face.

I never would have wanted to admit this, but I really think that my career has gotten a big boost since my WLS. A lot of this is due to my feeling my comfortable with myself, in my own skin. I feel more confident when I'm speaking to my clients, vendors and my boss. I recently went to a cocktail party that my clients invited me to. It was a "Sushi and Sake" themed party, and I looked the part, down to the wrap dress that I wore in a gorgeous Asian leaf print, my red lipstick and the smile on my face. I finally felt like I belonged in a crowded room, and that people would WANT to meet me and talk to me. It was great - I got to meet a lot of the clients that I book travel for, but had never had the opportunity to meet face-to-face. Our account is growing by leaps and bounds and I'm being given more responsibility along with their growth. I book travel for an investment banking firm. In the 15 months that I've been dedicated to this account, their workforce has doubled in size and they've opened 6 new offices. It was becoming too much for me to handle on my own, so my agency hired a new agent who is now working with me. His name is Michael and he's fabulous. We've become fast friends. We both love cooking and fresh food - he brings me homemade hummus and roasted seeds and nuts - and I've taken him peaches and tomatoes and Thai chicken salad. And thankfully we work well together, which is the best part. My responsibilities have changed too.. I'm no longer just booking travel - I'm now working in more of an account manager role.. advising my clients how to maximize their savings and working with their vendors to resolve customer service issues. It's a little stressful at times, but I enjoy it. My boss, our COO, asked me recently if I would consider becoming an account manager. I don't know if that's the direction that I want to go in, but I was honored to be asked. Who knows? It might turn out to be a good avenue for me.

6 Comments:

Blogger Katrina said...

congratulations on all fronts! i can't wait to fit into my 10's again. i am still wearing maternity pants, so i don't even know or care to find out what size i am. how about an updated picture? inquiring eyes want to see...

12:42 PM  
Blogger Dagny said...

Danyele! So wonderful to read this post from you! Your experience has been great to follow along and it keeps getting better! You are not alone in noticing that your professional life has gotten a boost since WLS. I commented on this very issue in this post just yesterday. MANY WLSers see amazing changes and attribute it to various factors. You are in a business that's about relationships. Surely your positive attitude shines through and people are picking up on it, your strong qualities are being noticed more because you're being viewed more positively, AND you can look the part as well.

The Pin Up Girl is Becoming the Whole Package!

Dagny

2:09 PM  
Blogger Mamacita Chilena said...

wow, congrats! on the weight loss success, on the career success and on the success of feeling good and confident in your own skin.

You are going big places!

1:55 AM  
Blogger Too Fat To Fly... said...

You and your weight loss continues to amaze AND inspire me!

I just love looking at those numbers on your ticker. I hope to catch you up, LOL

Hugs,

Lins xx

10:44 AM  
Blogger Sheri said...

I had GBS 18 months ago and lost 140 lbs. I found you through SignGurl and enjoyed reading your experiences. Keep up the good work!

6:11 AM  
Blogger LittleLola said...

Hey there!

I found you here simply by googling for pics of pinup girls. I love them too. The strangest thing is that when I started reading your post, I realized that you and I have something else in common. We are both on a journey to fitness...To reveal the goddess within.
I can help you. I'm a Beachbody Coach! Please come see my profile. I'm going to be updating it this weekend with new pics and stats so please come back to check in. I love the workouts BB has to offer and I'm getting great results minus the gym membership fees! I have an amazing network of others online who are part of Team BeachBody. As my guest, go to "Play the game" You can enter to win up to $1,000 just for working out with us using your own workout.
Good Luck!

Little Lola
www.milliondollarbody.com/LolaGirl

4:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home