Becoming the Pin-Up Girl

I'm on a journey from obesity to health.. and I'm hoping to reveal my inner Pin-Up Girl along the way ;-)

Monday, June 11, 2007

A little change of plans

Well, I didn't make it out to Minneapolis. I'm going to reschedule some time after Katrina's baby (who I understand will be named Loren Alexander!) arrives. There was just too much going on out here for me to leave the state and feel good about it.

So - I decided to stay home. It turned out to be a good decision for me - I needed some time to chill and de-stress after everything that happened last week. Saturday morning I got up early and went to Curves. Then I came home and did all of the laundry and housecleaning that I had been procrastinating about. Oh - and I went for a manicure and pedicure too! Saturday evening, Chris' classmate Josephine, who he's tutoring, came over. It's always exciting when Jossy comes over. She's been deaf since birth and since neither of us sign, it's kinda like a long evening of Charades - there's a lot of smiling, pointing and note-writing. Jossy has been teaching Chris some sign language... he's getting better and better at it. It's very sweet the way that he's befriended Jossy. They met in the bookstore, where Chris works. And he had been noticing that a lot of the other students didn't attempt to talk to her, just because of her disability. So they got to know each other and have become good friends. I'm so lucky to have such a good-hearted man in my life!

Sunday I really just chilled. I watched the NBA finals. We barbecued. He worked on his project and I read. It was nice. I slept peacefully and woke up refreshed and ready to tackle this week. Tonight I'm headed to Curves again.. ready to keep working hard and get to that next Big Milestone!

2 Comments:

Blogger Mamacita Chilena said...

way to go with your dedication to working out...you could send some of that my way! :P

glad you could take a little time to destress. we all need time to ourselves every once and a while.

2:49 PM  
Blogger Katrina said...

As much I would have loved to see you, I am much happier that you took the time to take care of yourself and do what was right for you. We'll have other chances to visit. Take care, amiga.

7:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home