Becoming the Pin-Up Girl

I'm on a journey from obesity to health.. and I'm hoping to reveal my inner Pin-Up Girl along the way ;-)

Monday, June 18, 2007

Month nine in the life of the future pin-up girl

Wow - we have 18 members in our webring now! That's so exciting! My blog turned a year old back on June 2 - I can hardly believe it's been a year now. My life is just so amazingly different.

The scale isn't budging for me right now - but I'm in shrink mode again. This happens every 6 weeks or so .. the scale will bounce around.. 2 lbs back and forth.. and then I end up losing a pants size. This weekend I went shopping (finally!) and I bought SIZE 12 JEANS!!! I came out of the dressing room at the Gap grinning like a fool.. it was great! And - I've lost a shoe size too. I bought a new pair of Adidas running shoes in a 9 - I've always worn a 10. I also bought a matching workout outfit to match the shoes. Chris bought new basketball gear and a really cool white Nike ball - we're going to start playing at the courts around the corner from our apartment. I know nothing about basketball but it'll just be fun running around with him and spending time together.

I've noticed something interesting lately. I don't recognize my reflection in windows or mirrors when I'm out in public. I sometimes walk by a door or window and have to do a double-take because I'm thinking "that can't possibly be me". I remember reading Dagny's blog, when she would talk about this phenomenon, and I would think "no way - how could you not recognize yourself? The weight doesn't come of THAT fast." Well, you know what? It does. I've lost 98 lbs in 9 months. And that's a slow loss, compared to some other WLS'ers. I still have a hard time wrapping my mind around it.

6 Comments:

Blogger Melinda said...

SIZE 12!!! That is SO awesome, girl! And 98 pounds in 9 months is nothing to sneeze at either. Oh, I'm looking forward to being able to say both of those things too!

2:50 PM  
Blogger Dagny said...

Oh girlfriend I am STILL not totally used to what I look like! Maybe because I think I'm still changing in small ways. I realized that I didn't age into this face. It just APPEARED and I didn't recognize it.
Dagny

3:19 PM  
Blogger Katrina said...

Congratulations!!! You totally rock. Man I can't wait to see you. How about a pic in your new sexy size 12's?

11:12 AM  
Blogger arielfreak said...

Congrats on your size 12!!! I so understand the reflection in the window comment-wonder when we'll get used to our 'new selves'. Keep up the fantastic work.

1:09 PM  
Blogger Katrina said...

Something occurred to me regarding your new sizes: you might want to hold onto your 12's (once you no longer need them) and 14's pants and 10's shoes for when you get pregnant--spoken by someone who is currently pregnant. My feet have swollen and none of my shoes fit except my flip flops--thank god it is summer! I also wish I had some of my bigger sized pants to wear after I give birth, but I gave them all to my mom.

BTW, congrats again!

7:17 PM  
Blogger SignGurl said...

Way to go, Danyele!! 98 pounds is an amazing accomplishment! And a size 12 to boot? You rock!

1:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home