Becoming the Pin-Up Girl

I'm on a journey from obesity to health.. and I'm hoping to reveal my inner Pin-Up Girl along the way ;-)

Thursday, June 07, 2007

Healing slowly

Thanks for all of the kind words and comments to my last post. I'm slowly beginning to process everything that happened last weekend. I found myself falling into depression and I kept having feelings of panic and worry for my friends and family, bordering on paranoia. It wasn't healthy for me at all and I know that Lloyd wouldn't want us all to live our lives in fear, so I'm trying really hard to get back into a positive mind space. I'm flying out to Minneapolis on Saturday to see my friend Katrina, the little prego-mama who is about to pop any day now! It will be really good to get away for a few days and immerse myself in all of the happiness going on around Katrina and her husband Steve.

I thought I'd share a couple of yummy hot-weather recipes that I found yesterday, courtesy of Hungry Girl - enjoy and I'll chat with you all when I get back from Minneapolis!

Tropical Treat Sorbet

(entire recipe: approx. 115 calories, <0.5g>

So simple...so cool...soooo delicious!

Ingredients:2 servings Crystal Light Sunrise Classic Orange drink mix (1 On The Go packet or 1/4 of an 8-serving tub); 1 cup mango chunks (fresh or frozen)

Directions:

Dissolve Crystal Light into a just FOUR ounces (a half-cup) of cold water; stir well. If using frozen mango, run under cool water for several minutes to thaw, so it blends more easily. In a blender, puree mango and Crystal Light mixture until just blended. Pour into a dish, cover, and place in freezer until nearly solid (several hours). If freezing overnight, thaw slightly by microwaving for 40 seconds or allowing it to sit out for about 10 minutes before enjoying.

Strawberry Lemonade Fruit Slushie!

(entire Slushie: 40 calories, 0g fat, 31mg sodium, 9g carbs, 1.5g fiber, 4g sugars, 0.5g protein = 1 Point)

A refreshing and fruity icy treat for YOU!

Ingredients: 2 tbsp. lemon juice 1/2 cup whole strawberries (with stems removed) 4 oz. water 2 oz. Torani Sugar Free Strawberry Syrup 1 cup ice cubes 2 packets Splenda

Directions:

Place all ingredients in a blender and blend on the highest speed for one minute. Pour and enjoy! Serves 1.

2 Comments:

Blogger Amber said...

I've been thinking about you and your family. I'm glad to hear you are on the mend. Have fun on your trip!! :)

Oh! And only 2 more lbs.!!! :) :) I'm so freaking excited for you!

6:11 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

These recipes sound delish!! I can't wait to try them out as it is hot as blazes here right now.

Have fun and unwind a bit on your trip. Enjoy yourself, it is quite a trauma you have went through and I believe very natural to feel how you have, whether healthy or not, well that's good you realize it's not.

5:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home