Becoming the Pin-Up Girl

I'm on a journey from obesity to health.. and I'm hoping to reveal my inner Pin-Up Girl along the way ;-)

Monday, September 18, 2006

Tomorrow is only a day away

1 day... Tomorrow is my surgery day. Wow, it came around fast! And I'm as ready as I'll ever be. I have to say, I am glad that Dr. U filled my valium during my pre-op visit. I've taken it at night before bed and I've slept like a baby.

Saturday morning I got up early and went out shopping to get everything that I needed for when I get home from the hospital. My overnight bag is packed, I have protein and soup and sugar free popsicles, and the wonderful magnesium citrate is sitting in my cupboard waiting for me tonight. I got a really cool new kitchen gadget for my protein shakes too. It's similar to a Magic Bullet, but a lot more stylish and best of all - less expensive! I got my
Bella Cucina rocket blender at Macy's - it was $29 during their weekend sale. I made a little slushy with Crystal Light and ice and it was yummy. While I was there, I went to the MAC counter to treat myself to a few of my favorite things.. including my favorite red lipstick, Viva Glam. One of the new MAC Viva Glam spokespeople is the very sexy pin-up and burlesque star, Dita Von Teese. She looks so hot in the new ads. One of the MAC artists at Macy's had a t-shirt with the Dita ad photo on it.. sadly, they're not yet for sale. But I'll be checking their website and ebay until I get my hands on one! It was nice to be in a department store, looking at clothes and bags and makeup.. all the fun girlie stuff that I love, but that I haven't done for myself in quite some time. I decided about a year ago that I would not buy clothes in a larger size because I didn't want to give myself the option of getting better. And it's worked - I'm the same size that I was when I started the process for WLS. I'm actually pretty proud of that.

Last night, Chris and my Dad and I went out for my final dinner. We had a great time and wonderful meal. I had a New York strip, some grilled garlic shrimp, all the trimmings and a top-shelf margarita. It was a nice send-off.

So today I'll get my parents checked into their hotel and just try to stay relaxed. I'm ready to get this over with and start my new life. See you all on the other side!

11 Comments:

Blogger Shel said...

I'm so excited for you!! You're going to do well and it's going to be over before you know it. Good luck!! *hugs*

11:36 AM  
Blogger Donna said...

Gosh! I am so excited for you; I found myself smiling from ear-to-ear as I read this entry.

It's time for you to fly butterfly!

I'll be sending good vibes your way!

1:19 PM  
Blogger Donna said...

Gosh! I am so excited for you; I found myself smiling from ear-to-ear as I read this entry.

It's time for you to fly butterfly!

I'll be sending good vibes your way!

1:19 PM  
Blogger Donna said...

Gosh! I am so excited for you; I found myself smiling from ear-to-ear as I read this entry.

It's time for you to fly butterfly!

I'll be sending good vibes your way!

1:19 PM  
Blogger Melinda said...

Good luck! It's like waving to someone as their cruise ship takes off or something...so excited for you!

4:18 PM  
Blogger Dagny said...

I am looking forward to seeing the Pin-Up Girl emerge!!!

All best wishes!!!

XO
Dag

5:46 PM  
Blogger JUST JEN said...

I'll be thinking of you Tuesday. Good luck!

5:52 PM  
Blogger ShirleyValentine said...

Sending good thoughts for tomorrow!
Don't you just love valium? Wait until you get the happy juice right before surgery.
I will be sure to call your cell tomorrow afternoon to find out how everything went. I am sure you will be up and walking by tomorrow night! Push that morphine button before you get out of bed.
You are embarking on an amazing journey!

8:01 PM  
Blogger 4dbirds said...

Best wishes to ya Mate. Argh. Well it is talk like a pirate day.

7:16 AM  
Blogger Too Fat To Fly... said...

I shall be thinking of you too!

All the very best :-)

x

7:30 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hope all has gone well, Danyele. You are in my thoughts big time.

8:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home