Becoming the Pin-Up Girl

I'm on a journey from obesity to health.. and I'm hoping to reveal my inner Pin-Up Girl along the way ;-)

Thursday, September 07, 2006

My job is fattening

12 days.. I will be so thankful for the control tool that the RNY provides. I need something to keep me away from the endless goodies that make their way into my office. I work in a travel agency that offers corporate and leisure travel. We are constantly getting visits from vendors that want to sell their new resort or hotel or car model ... and to lure us in - you guessed it - they bring FOOD. Yummy decadent sweets, or a bounty of bagels, or delicate pastries.. all of the things that will send me into an instant carb-coma and keep me in "puffy-jacket hell", as I like to call it. Today was no different. Today it was the lovely Aiko with the Dorchester Hotel in London with cupcakes from Citizen Cake. I won't lie - it was the best fucking cupcake that has ever crossed my lips. I'm glad that Aiko showed up during my "Farewell to Food Tour".

Word about my surgery has started getting out around the office. I've shared my plans with a few people and I'm a pretty open person, so I don't really mind. But it's kinda weird - I'm sure that I'll be a bit of a spectacle in the office once I start to shrink. There are two people in my office that I know are very uncomfortable around me, and likely overweight people in general. I make certain to look them in the eye and say a big "hello" whenever I pass them in the halls. Especially the woman that I like to call "Skeletor".. well, that's what I call her when I'm cursing her under my breath... she's very rude to me. It will be interesting to see if either of these two will actually speak to me when I start to lose the weight. It will be difficult to keep from smacking them if/when they do.

4 Comments:

Blogger Dagny said...

Your weight loss itself will be a powerful tool! The more weight I lost, the more I didn't want anything to mess that up and take my success away from me. You'll find your path!

5:24 AM  
Blogger Too Fat To Fly... said...

I'm counting down for you! LOL.

I really am soooo excited for you. I can't wait to follow your progress.

In the meantime, look after yourself :-)

Hugs

Lins x

9:16 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

When I worked in an office 11 years ago no one brought food into the work place, it wasn't allowed. Now it seems like such common practice. I feel lucky that I can avoid all that now.

Good luck with your surgery! I will be interested in following your progress.

10:24 AM  
Blogger Melinda said...

The "Farewll to Food" tour idea made me laugh. I'm just starting out on this road to WLS so I'm glad I found you in time to follow you from the beginning!

8:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home