Becoming the Pin-Up Girl

I'm on a journey from obesity to health.. and I'm hoping to reveal my inner Pin-Up Girl along the way ;-)

Tuesday, September 05, 2006

The countdown begins!

14 days.. I had my pre-op appt this morning with Dr. U. The office was really busy, so I was literally in and out. I did have an opportunity to ask questions, but I've done my homework, so I didn't have too many. I've gained 4 lbs since my initial appt in May - not the end of the world and thankfully he wasn't too concerned about it. I'm still going to keep doing the protein drink in the morning and eating low-carb. But I do plan to have a couple of special meals before my surgery. I seem to be thinking of sweets more than anything .. maybe it's just my hormones. I don't know. I asked my step-father, who is a really wonderful cook, to make me the Paula Dean "Not yo mama's" banana pudding and some lemon bars with shortbread crust. One serving of each and a really good burger and that's all that I want.

I've started putting together a list of things that I need to pick up before the big day. If any of the post-op sassy ones want to email me with their suggestions, I would really appreciate it. And btw .. welcome to all of the new sassy fattys!

5 Comments:

Blogger SignGurl said...

I'm so excited for you!

4:48 PM  
Blogger Dagny said...

I can't remember who named it The Farewell to Food Tour but many of us ate in the days leading up to surgery like we'll never eat again. Because we really won't eat that way again EVER! Heck, I did it! Get it all out of your system now, have fun!

4:57 PM  
Blogger Shel said...

14 days! That's so exciting!! You better heal fast and remember everything so you can come back and tell me. I'll be going in 6 days after you! :)

10:40 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Enjoy! I'd be interested in knowing what your favorite places to eat in and around SL will be...

8:26 PM  
Blogger Danyele said...

Unfortunately SL is rather limited when it comes to restaurants. My fav greasy spoon diner with fab breakfast is called the Fifth Wheel. There is a really good Chinese place too called Little Nanking. But the best places are definitely in the City. On the Friday before the "big day", I'm going with two of my clients to the Slanted Door - an amazing Vietnamese restaurant that is in the ferry building. Not sure where I'll go for the burger - maybe Red Robin in Pleasanton. I love their steak fries dipped in ranch dressing. Geez - gotta stop thinking about this stuff!

10:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home