Becoming the Pin-Up Girl

I'm on a journey from obesity to health.. and I'm hoping to reveal my inner Pin-Up Girl along the way ;-)

Thursday, August 31, 2006

Good things are happening!

It looks like things are really looking up at my house. Yesterday, Chris got a new job. He'll be working here. Arch is a high-end art supply store in SF. The best thing about his new employer (a local architect who owns the store) is that she promotes wellness among her employees. He'll be getting medical benefits (so great!), in addition to a yearly sum that can be used for, well, wellness. Like gym memberships and such. We're planning to start working out together, so that we can both get in shape and start training for our favorite sports. His is a martial art called hapkido - he's only two belts away from a black belt. Mine is swimming - I've found a masters level swim program at Holy Names College, which is nearby. Here's a pic of us now - can't wait to see what we'll look like 6 months from now!

4 Comments:

Blogger Shel said...

A Masters level swim program? How cool is that? What does it entail? And I love the new picture!! You both look very happy.

3:59 PM  
Blogger Danyele said...

Masters level is adult competition level swimming. I am NOWHERE near there - I really haven't swam competitively since high school, but it's my goal. If you want some info, check out this website: http://www.usms.org/

4:35 PM  
Blogger Dagny said...

Your new life is already in the making! I hope this new job for Chris will make things easier for you during your recuperation period!

7:26 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Have a great time swimming. I remember going into an "aquatic conditioning" class at university and it just kicking my ass. Somewhere, I'd gotten the idea it was water aerobics! Years later and I try to do water exercise at least 2 times a week and often 3 or 4. It really works well for sore backs! Good luck!

8:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home