Becoming the Pin-Up Girl

I'm on a journey from obesity to health.. and I'm hoping to reveal my inner Pin-Up Girl along the way ;-)

Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Ouch

Wanna know why I'm having WLS? It's not the prospect of vintage clothes shopping, or the hope of acceptance from society. Pain is the reason - I am in constant pain. From the time I wake up and get out of bed in the morning, until the time I climb into bed at night, I hurt. Pain has become a third person in my relationship - there's Chris, me, and whatever body part is hurting me most at the time. It's usually my neck, my back or one of my arms - sometimes it's my knees or my feet. But I'm never free of it. I'm literally carrying the weight of a second person on my frame and I can not wait to be free.

I want to thank everyone that has stopped by my blog to wish me well - I appreciate you all so much! The next three weeks will go painfully slow for me. I hate to wait for things once I've made up my mind about them. I'm just doing my best to be patient and try to get things organized before the big day. I got a letter at the end of last week with the dates of my pre-op appts and in big capital letters it said, "START YOUR PRE-OP DIET NOW". Damn. Ok. So I'm back to low-carbing. I've started drinking an EAS Carb Control shake every morning to bump up my protein before surgery. I've been working at increasing my water intake too. I just pray that I don't have to do the liquid diet thing for the two weeks before my surgery. That will suck. But if I have to, I have to. Anything is worth it at this point. I'm ready. Let's do this!

5 Comments:

Blogger JUST JEN said...

If you like the EAS carb control shakes, check out their website. The coffee flavors are on sale for $1 a drink. Not bad. I still drink them post-op and often will add an extra scoop of protein powder to them and a shot of SF flavored syrup.

12:25 PM  
Blogger SignGurl said...

You just wrote a post about me. I, too, have constant pain. People don't understand. They assume you are looking for attention. I'd gladly give up the attention for a pain free life.

5:50 PM  
Blogger Dagny said...

I wrote a big long comment today and it went POOF!

Girl, lemme tell ya! I had reached 340 pounds you know. I was becoming practically immobile. ONE MONTH and the improvement was AMAZING! Not much longer now. It's all going to happen for you!

8:07 PM  
Blogger bye said...

Hey there Mz. D!

Mucho grande congrats on your date! You will REALLY be the pin up girl afore you know it!

I am getting ready to be TOILED ;) so 'cited about it too. If I make it up SF way in the spring we'll hafta do cafe' :)

7:31 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

My mother often says, "Pain is a part of life; suffering is optional". Congratulations on moving postively towards a less painful life with much less suffering.

8:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home