Becoming the Pin-Up Girl

I'm on a journey from obesity to health.. and I'm hoping to reveal my inner Pin-Up Girl along the way ;-)

Thursday, August 02, 2007

Tell me something good!

It's been an interesting 24 hours - lots of news, good and bad. I like to keep positive, so we'll start with the good stuff! Thankfully my two friends in St. Paul, MN, Katrina and Susan, were unaffected by the horrible bridge collapse and are safe and sound. Our friend Aaron has made it though his second round of chemo and his load count has dropped from around 260 down to around 89, which means his tumor is shrinking. My friend Michael's niece Josie in New York has been approved for WLS - her surgery date is September 26, I believe. Michael tells me that Josie has been reading BTPUG - say hello Josie! My cousin Stephanie is in the approval process with Kaiser - she has to lose the 10% before surgery. I know she can do it! (Steph, I'll be right there by your side on your big day, ok? Can't wait to celebrate that approval with you). And today is my 2 1/2 year anniversary with Chris. He surprised me with a beautiful brass and enamel business card holder with a Fleur de Lis design. I was admiring it in a shop this weekend and he went back and got it for me. He's so good to me, in every way. I'm so lucky to have met him and to share my life with him.

So, okay - the not so good stuff: Aaron's son Tyler isn't doing well at all. I've linked his support page on the left there. His mom Ivy could use some kind words, so if you're so inclined, stop by. My dad has had another patch of bad luck and I'm hoping that everything turns out all right. I'm concerned that he's not sharing things about his health. And - I've had to delay joining the Manatees swim league for a couple of weeks - I've had some unexpected expenses so I won't have the money for the membership until my next pay period.

I'd really love to hear some more good news - would you mind sharing some? It can be WLS-related if you like, but it doesn't have to be. It can be anything that is brightening your day. Thank you!

3 Comments:

Blogger Danyele said...

Nothing? Really guys? Help me out here!

11:31 AM  
Blogger Mamacita Chilena said...

ok, Danyele, I'm here to help :)

I am starting my own photo studio and my mom just gave me money to help me start out with buying lighting equipment! I'm SO excited!

My hubby just talked to a friend who says he has an open position at his company that he thinks would fit hubby's skills...and it pays significantly more than what hubby is making right now.

I don't know, there's lots more things I could tell you...life is just good right now :)

3:21 AM  
Blogger Steph said...

Well 15 more pounds to go. I think I am finally getting the courage to go forward. You really do inspire me. I love you cuz!!!

8:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home