Becoming the Pin-Up Girl

I'm on a journey from obesity to health.. and I'm hoping to reveal my inner Pin-Up Girl along the way ;-)

Saturday, April 28, 2007

The Pin-Up Girl in ONE-derland

* 198 *  You had to know that I couldn't stay off of the scale.. LOL!  Whew - I finally made it.  I'm excited and really relieved.  I don't know why I stil feel self-doubt when it comes to weightloss.  I know I'm doing what I'm supposed to, so why do I sometimes think "That's it - I'm going to start gaining now - I just know it"  I guess it's hard to fight years of feeling defeated when it came to my weight.  It meant a lot to me to get under 200 - I haven't been here since I was a sophomore in high school.  Now I feel like my goal weight is achievable.  Why did I not see that at 204?  I have no idea.

I had an interesting conversation with my coworker Liz yesterday.  We were talking about clothes and she mentioned that I needed to get new jeans because the ones I was wearing were too big on me.  I told her "yeah, these are 16s" and I pulled them away from my waist (yes, I have one now!) and they were several inches too big.  I told her "I could get some 14s but I just haven't wanted to spend the money".  And she said "wow - 14 is a totally normal size".  I had to laugh - I guess I'm "normal" now.  Who woulda thunk it?

7 Comments:

Blogger Dagny said...

THIS IS FANTASTIC!!!!!

I'm so pleased to be the first to congratulate you!!! You've earned it!

Dagny

2:22 PM  
Blogger Lynette said...

Yee-ha! Way to go! Onederland is sweet! Congratulations!

3:12 PM  
Blogger Too Fat To Fly... said...

Awww, Danyele,

I sooooo thrilled for you on reaching this highly significant milestone on your weight loss journey!

You deserve all the happiness :-)

xxx

3:49 PM  
Blogger Shel said...

CONGRATULATIONS!! Oh, I'm so happy for you!! I know it feels like it's taken forever to get here, but you're finally here! No more 2's at the front of the scale. Ever! xoxo

1:20 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

That is such a huge milestone, I remember when I hit a little while back. You might even go into 12's and skip 14's like I did!!

6:30 AM  
Blogger Donna said...

Girl! I'm so sorry I missed this celebration! I've been so self-centered lately with the whole job thing that I have not kept up well with anyone!

You freakin' rock woman -- not to mention you look fabulous to boot!

I'm so very thrilled for you!

7:01 AM  
Blogger crgilvr said...

It's nice to know that I'm not the only one. I am stuck at 180 with 40-50 more to lose. This is the smallest I have been since my 20s and I find myself thinking, "What if I can't lose anymore?"

(I'm almost 5 months out)

12:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home