Becoming the Pin-Up Girl

I'm on a journey from obesity to health.. and I'm hoping to reveal my inner Pin-Up Girl along the way ;-)

Thursday, April 26, 2007

Better budgeting through WLS.. Does Suze Orman know about this?

I love a good salad bar and my favorite by far is the Wildflower Cafe, which is conveniently located 2 blocks from my office. They sell their stuff by the pound.. $5.99 per pound to be exact. I remember times pre-op where I easily spent over $10 for lunch.. and was starving and unsatisfied by 2pm. Today I made myself a salad of greens, grape tomatoes, red pepper rings, hard-boiled egg, kidney beans with sliced roasted turkey on top, along with a slice of the cold vegetable omelet.. got out of there for $5.20. I ate half (and I'm so full!) and I'll have the other half tomorrow. I have never spent $2.60 on a meal that left me satisfied .. and certainly not one that had nutritious value. Good thing I'm saving money on food because I need the money for new clothes.. everything I own is hanging off of my body!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home