Becoming the Pin-Up Girl

I'm on a journey from obesity to health.. and I'm hoping to reveal my inner Pin-Up Girl along the way ;-)

Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Thank you and Goodbye




I finally got rid of my entire fat wardrobe last weekend. It took me a whole afternoon to organize, fold and say goodbye to 3 huge boxes of clothes. They all went to my new friend Jane who will be having WLS very soon. She said that the clothes were a big motivation for her - I hope that they are and that she enjoys them and then passes them on to another new post-op. As I was going through everything, I started to figure in my head the amount of money that I (and my mother) had spent in Lane Bryant. Thousands of dollars.. I wish I would have bought stock in Charming Shoppes (their parent company). I'm thankful to LB, because they helped me to dress stylishly for the 10+ years that I was in plus sizes. As those were my late teens and all of my twenties, I'm especially thankful. I guess it could be said that catering to a market of overweight/obese women does nothing to encourage them to be healthy, and possibly could be seen to condone obesity or make it seem acceptable. I guess I'm torn on the subject. All I know now is that I no longer need LB. I've unsubscribed from their emails (and every other plus size website) - and I'll no longer be shopping in their stores. I can finally seek out the vintage stores and fabulous boutiques that I've dreamed of shopping in. So goodbye LB.. and thank you.

7 Comments:

Blogger Amber said...

I can't wait to do this very thing!!

12:52 PM  
Blogger Amber said...

Just letting you know that I'm in the ring now! ;) I went ahead and started a blog so I'd have all my stuff in one place instead of trying to keep it up at OH and LCF.... :) TTYS!!! Muah! love ya girl!
Amber

7:34 AM  
Blogger SignGurl said...

Congrats on reaching onederland!!!!!!! I can't wait to get there.

You are doing so great. You have to be so proud.

5:38 PM  
Blogger Tonya said...

I remember the day(s) I packed up my LB wardrobe. My best friend helped me do it on two occasions: once when I had gone from a 28 to a 22 and then again when I dropped to a 14. The last time was the hardest. I had been shopping at LB since I was 12...I had so much love for that store. I have to be honest, though, I don't miss it. There is such a variety of styles available to me now at much more affordable prices, it's hard not to get giddy.

5:11 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Good for you, Danyele! That's great that you are passing your clothes onto a good cause.

*S*

10:08 PM  
Blogger Micehelly said...

Congrats on one-derland and cleaning out your closet. I just did both of them myself, so I feel your joy for real!

9:13 AM  
Blogger Marybeth said...

I remember when I had that moment - it was thrilling and nostalgic. I wonder how many of us say goodbye to LB?

http://theweightisover.typepad.com/blog/2003/08/this_absolutely.html

10:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home