Becoming the Pin-Up Girl

I'm on a journey from obesity to health.. and I'm hoping to reveal my inner Pin-Up Girl along the way ;-)

Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Month eight in the life of the future pin-up girl

I'm really looking forward to spending my first summer NOT being morbidly obese! According to the BMI calculator, I'm still 20 lbs away from being "just overweight", but this is the smallest that I've been in my adult life, so it's a big deal to me.


I broke down and brought my scale upstairs so that I can weigh myself every day. I get such a kick out of getting on it and seeing a number that starts with a "1".. anytime of day! I think I need to keep weighing every day to stay motivated. Although I'm very happy with what I've accomplished, I know that I can achieve my final goal. And, I know that it's going to take a lot of work, with my PCOS and very slow metabolism, but it's not out of my reach. The way I see it - I need to lose 40 lbs in the next 4 months, which would be my one year surgiversary. 10 lbs a month is completely do-able. It's easy to measure too. So that's the new goal, folks. Stay tuned!

7 Comments:

Blogger Dagny said...

It's amazing to notice how differently your body regulates temperature now. You don't usually deal with real hot weather where you are, but when you're in higher temperatures, you're going to feel so much better than you did last year!!!

So much fun ahead for you....

7:43 PM  
Blogger Danyele said...

Well, I don't really where I live, but where my family is in the Central Valley (around Modesto) it's often over 100s throughout the summer. I remember visiting last summer during my niece's birthday in June and just being miserable. Those summer family get-togethers should be much more enjoyable now :-)

7:51 PM  
Blogger Shel said...

Don't do it! The scale is the devil! I had been beating myself up like crazy because I was weighing and only seeing a pound here and a pound there. I felt like crap and that was once a week!!! Then, I go to the doc and they say I lost 27 lbs since my last visit. That is something to be seriously excited about so the only thing I can think is that it's that damn scale that allowed my brain to go off the deep end. AGAIN! Nah, do what works for you. But don't say I didn't warn you!

11:12 AM  
Blogger SignGurl said...

I blame my weight gain on not weighing myself sometimes for years at a time. If I didn't see the number, then it wasn't real.

Weighing every day is a gentle reminder to us to keep on the path.

Your goals sound attainable. Kudos to you for setting them!

12:58 PM  
Blogger Mamacita Chilena said...

Congrats on being the smallest in your adult life, that is awesome!

And also, kudos to you for making an attainable, realistic goal. I have seen a lot of blogger set their expectations so high that they set themselves up for dissapointment, but you seem to have such a healthy attitude!

I love your blog!

3:59 PM  
Blogger Katrina said...

I can't wait to see you in a couple weeks. I just love that every time I see you, you look even more and more beautiful.

7:35 AM  
Blogger Amber said...

I see you getting closer and closer to that 100 lbs lost marker!!! Great job!! I'm watching and cheering you on!!!!! :)

6:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home