Becoming the Pin-Up Girl

I'm on a journey from obesity to health.. and I'm hoping to reveal my inner Pin-Up Girl along the way ;-)

Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Lovely

It's a *gorgeous* day in the City! I took a walk at lunchtime over to the Farmer's Market at the Ferry Building. There were some fantastic vendors of organic produce from all over Northern Cali. I bought the most delicious strawberries from Watsonville - they tasted like honey, they were so sweet. I bought dried white nectarines and dried kiwi fruit.. so unusual and so yummy! I also bought almonds and pistachios.. the vendors were from Ripon, which is out by my Mom in the Central Valley. I've become quite a connoisseur of locally-grown produce lately - I've been researching and seeking out the best (and cheapest!) produce markets and farmer's markets in my area. Chris told me the other night that he eats more fresh veggies and fruit now than he ever has in his life - that made me so happy! WLS has awakened my love of cooking and food.. healthy, beautiful, colorful, fragrant, nutritious food!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home