Becoming the Pin-Up Girl

I'm on a journey from obesity to health.. and I'm hoping to reveal my inner Pin-Up Girl along the way ;-)

Friday, March 16, 2007

Cheap date

Yep, that's me. Last night I had dinner with my new friend Jane. Jane is a friend of my good friend J .. we've both known J for many years and we're both from the same home town, but we had never met until yesterday. Jane especially wanted to meet me because she's pre-op and she's going through the six month WLS education program required by Kaiser. So - we met yesterday and she took me to dinner so that we could talk ..she had lots of questions for me. She took me to this really cool spot in Emeryville called the Townhouse. Great food (lots of good choices for me, which I always appreciate), warm inviting atmosphere.. and a pretty decent wine list. We decided to share an appetizer and a salad and order seperate entrees (most of mine went home to Chris).. and I decided that I would splurge a little and order a glass of Reissling. So I got about 1/2 of the way into this glass and I realized that I was buzzed! Ok.. that's not true. I was DRUNK. I was even beginning to slur my words a little. It was sooo embarrassing but really very funny. And in true WLS form, I was completely sober by the time she drove me home. I guess it was a good learning experience for both of us - Jane got a first-hand view of what drinking is like post-op - and I got a reminder of what a total cheap date I am now. Anyway, I'm very happy to have made a new friend and I'm excited to be able to support her on her journey. I can't wait for Jane to see how fantastic the journey really is.

2 Comments:

Blogger SignGurl said...

Ha! I'm still afraid to try alcohol.

Mr. Sign and I went to eat the other day. We decided to share an entree and still ended up bringing more than half of it home. The waitress thought we were nuts!

2:44 PM  
Blogger Superstar said...

Hey chicka!
I have been reading and playing catch-up on the whole WLS. What did you start at? You are looking FAB!!!
I hear you on the diet/cheap date. I USED to drink Beer...AHHH the days. Now due to "good carb/bad carb i drink Club and Vodka...AHHH my nectur.

LOL about the "skinny" jeans. I still remember crying when my "fat" jeans size 18W are now my "skinny" jeans...in fact I got them on this weekend! I was so super happy...Of course I had to lay down on the bed to zip them...BUT WHO cares right?!?!?!

Glad I found you!

5:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home