Becoming the Pin-Up Girl

I'm on a journey from obesity to health.. and I'm hoping to reveal my inner Pin-Up Girl along the way ;-)

Tuesday, January 23, 2007

One pound .....whatever

Dammit - I thought for sure I had lost more than one measly pound. Oh well - guess I'm losing inches instead of pounds right now. I do that a lot - I'll lose a lot of poundage or several inches but not at the same time. Last night I was laying on my bed (eek - nude!) and Chris started staring at me from the waist down. I started to get really self-conscious and I asked him, "What are you looking at? Do I need to shave or something?" He laughed and said, "No - I'm just shocked at how much your body has changed." I made sure to thank him properly for noticing ;-)

5 Comments:

Blogger Dagny said...

I've heard about this sort of thing before. Your body tries to play catch up. It's not uncommon to keep losing inches while the scale barely moves. You're rearranging!

4:28 PM  
Blogger Shel said...

The scale is evil. Buy yourself a pair of pants that are too tight and try them on once a week. No matter what the scale says, the pants will never lie! I'm sure you're doing just great. Can't wait to see new pictures!!

8:59 AM  
Blogger SignGurl said...

You are doing great!!

I don't know why we are so hung up on the numbers. I try to gage success by how I'm feeling but everyone wants numbers. So frustrating because as you mentioned, we aren't always losing pounds but we are losing inches. Grr...

11:40 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I had just the same thing happen last week. I usually only weigh myself at the doctors so that I don't become to fixated on the numbers. My husband also kept saying how much thinner I looked. You can never have too many cheerleaders!

7:09 AM  
Blogger Donna said...

Thanks girl, for your support. I felt like such a baby that it bothered me so. Crazy, huh?

All my life I grow up fat, kids and others making fun of me; it never bothered me.

The surgery made me a whimp! LOL

12:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home