Becoming the Pin-Up Girl

I'm on a journey from obesity to health.. and I'm hoping to reveal my inner Pin-Up Girl along the way ;-)

Monday, January 22, 2007

Bad egg

I have a love/hate relationship with eggs. I don't know what it is about them, but Phyllis just cannot make up her mind whether they will go down just fine - or if they will make me severely ill, hating life for about 3 hours. Saturday morning I had one scrambled egg with a little cheddar cheese and salsa. No problem. Sunday morning, again - one scrambled egg with a little cheddar cheese and salsa. Within 10 minutes of eating, I felt a full-body green nausea overtake me. I ended up in bed for 3 hours praying that the nausea would pass. WTF?!? And today I'm still feeling kinda yucky. I'm sipping some warm mint tea and hoping that I'll feel a little better tonight.

I haven't weighed myself yet this week, but I'm pretty sure that I've lost a bit more. My new slacks are all saggy in the butt. I'll go downstairs and jump on the scale when I get home tonight. Seeing a new low number will definitely make me feel better.

4 Comments:

Blogger Dagny said...

OH MY GOD girlfriend READ THIS!!!

6:57 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

I have the same problem with them. Of course they are good....I've been told to try poached or hard boiled instead...

Michelle

7:22 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I have the same problem with eggs too. I think mine stems from eating institutional scrambled eggs every single day for two weeks + after my surgery. Some days they are ok; on others the mere smell can make me run for the toilet. Oddly, I do better with soft-boiled eggs. Less odor? Who knows? I've also mixed extra ones into Ezpy's pancake recipe which you should try, if you haven't. They are on her blog or on the DS forum.

11:48 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I have the same problem with eggs too. I think mine stems from eating institutional scrambled eggs every single day for two weeks + after my surgery. Some days they are ok; on others the mere smell can make me run for the toilet. Oddly, I do better with soft-boiled eggs. Less odor? Who knows? I've also mixed extra ones into Ezpy's pancake recipe which you should try, if you haven't. They are on her blog or on the DS forum.

11:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home