Becoming the Pin-Up Girl

I'm on a journey from obesity to health.. and I'm hoping to reveal my inner Pin-Up Girl along the way ;-)

Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Sliding over on the loser's bench

... cuz we're gonna have another loser around very soon! My internet buddy Amber, who I met at LowCarbFriends, just got a verbal approval from her insurance company for WLS. I'm pretty sure she'll be having RNY. I'm so excited and happy for her! I've been a member at LCF for several years now.. joined back in 2002 when I did Atkins and lost (and then almost completely gained back) about 80 lbs. Though not everyone there is WLS-positive, there's a growing community of WLS'ers on the site. I still visit LCF because I live a low-carb lifestyle.. WLS is helping me to maintain that lifestyle. I know that this is how I have to live the rest of my life. My insulin resistance will not disappear because I had WLS, no matter how much weight I lose. My genetic predisposition to obesity will not be "cured" by WLS. I will be forever vigilant. This is the promise that I have made to myself.

2 Comments:

Blogger SignGurl said...

Welcome to our little club, Amber! Your life is just beginning!

Danyele, awesome job on the weightloss! I'm so excited for you to reach 199.

5:44 PM  
Blogger Too Fat To Fly... said...

Just wanted to say "Thank you" Danyele for your kind comment on my post earlier...

...I really appreciate your well wishes :-)

Much love,

Lins x

4:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home