Becoming the Pin-Up Girl

I'm on a journey from obesity to health.. and I'm hoping to reveal my inner Pin-Up Girl along the way ;-)

Sunday, January 07, 2007

Lights out

Last night I fainted for the first time ever. The whole evening was going great.. I was starting dinner and trying to cut into a butternut squash. I was going to try to duplicate the most delicious butternut squash soup that we had last month at a holiday dinner at the Four Seasons Hotel. In the process I sliced my finger. It was sorta deep but not deep enough for stitches in my mind. Chris bandaged me up and seemed a little concerned that I was refusing the stitches. I went back into the kitchen and suddenly felt hot and head-swimmy. Next thing I knew, I was in the floor with Chris over me, shouting at me and kinda freaking out. Poor thing - it really scared him. He got me up and put me to bed and immediately called Dr. U. Dr. U calmed him down and asked a bunch of questions about how I was feeling (I felt just fine). Since I was having no pain or nausea or vomiting or anything WLS-related, he told me to rest and to go to the ER if I started having any other symptoms. This morning I woke up with a big lump on the back of my head and a serious bruise on my ass. I guess it's a good thing that my big ole booty cushioned my fall.

4 Comments:

Blogger wmy said...

HIIIIIIIIIIII!!
Just found ya through Signgirls site...My best friend had WLS, and I love to read about how people are doing...she is pretty much at her goal now, and I wish you all the luck in the world. I used to write in my blog all the time...now I just kinda comment here and there...Have a great Sunday!

1:11 PM  
Blogger Shel said...

Oh my gosh! I hope you're doing better today. Wow, that sucks big time! What a way to end the evening, eh? Guess you better loosen that corset and give yourself some air! lol Oh, and I'll be looking for that soup recipe!!

8:41 PM  
Blogger Donna said...

Woah! would have freaked me out too!

Glad you're feeling fine though :)

10:12 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Man, you never can tell. Most of the time, I can deal with blood - my own and others - and it's no big taco. But I have had it creep up on me, where I'll just look at some bad cut - usually on a hand or arm - and the room just starts to spin. I'm glad you are ok!

11:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home