Becoming the Pin-Up Girl

I'm on a journey from obesity to health.. and I'm hoping to reveal my inner Pin-Up Girl along the way ;-)

Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Month three (and 1/2) in the life of the future pin-up girl

Happy New Year! Sorry that I've been away from my blog for so long (has it really been since Thanksgiving?!), but this holiday season was just so eventful and even a little overwhelming at times.

On the WLS front, I'm now at the lowest weight that I've been at in about 10 years. Last night I bought size 16 slacks and I'm proudly wearing them today. My new size 16 jeans will premier on Friday..lol. Ok, so they're a Lane Bryant 16, but so what! On Sunday, I JOGGED!! It's amazing the things that I can do with 60 pounds taken off of my body. I wear heals to work without excrutiating pain.. I stand taller .. I smile and I look people in the eye. I'm eating healthy meals and I'm satisfied quickly. I can't say that I ever forget to eat, but the thought of food doesn't control me. It's easy to make good food choices because I'm not obsessing about when and what I will eat next. This tool is truly amazing.

So let's see.. what's happened since Thanksgiving? .. lol. Well .. my sister and I helped throw a baby shower for my sister-in-law.. I spent a weekend with my very good friend C in Salinas.. I worked ridiculous hours as my clients did a big year-end push to close deals.. we visited my parents and my family in the Central Valley.. we went to 3 fantastic Christmas parties.. we saw "The Jersey Boys" and LOVED it (it was Chris' first time at the theatre.. he was so excited and we had a blast).. and then right after Christmas - I got the flu. That pretty much sucked, but I got through it. We spent New Year's Eve at home with a couple of DVDs, a bottle of red wine (of which I had maybe 3 oz. and got REALLY tipsy), and each other. I was happy to end the holidays at home with my honey.. relaxing and enjoying a romantic evening together.


2007 is going to be filled with lots of wonderful, exciting things.. there are so many changes to come and I can't wait! To you, my friends, I wish nothing but happiness, love and good health in the coming year.

5 Comments:

Blogger Dagny said...

This is all wonderful news Danyele! You will truly live a new life in 2007! Enjoy the rewards of your hard work!

9:54 PM  
Blogger Shel said...

I was so happy to see you had posted. I was wondering how you were doing!! You look absolutely fantastic! Way to go on the new jeans. Isn't it the most wonderful fealing ever? And jogging???? Wow, I'm impressed!!

8:54 AM  
Blogger Too Fat To Fly... said...

Like Shel, I was so thrilled to see that you'd updated your blog. I've missed reading your posts...

It looks as if everything is going well :-) I am soooo thrilled for you. You really do look stunning!

Keep up the great work. I hope you can manage to update again soon. Don't keep us in suspense too long, haha.

Love N Hugs

Lins x

11:19 AM  
Blogger SignGurl said...

I'm so happy for you! You are an inspiration.

3:03 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

That's such a great pic of you and Chris!

11:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home