Becoming the Pin-Up Girl

I'm on a journey from obesity to health.. and I'm hoping to reveal my inner Pin-Up Girl along the way ;-)

Wednesday, November 15, 2006

It's her time

Today our sassy sister Donna is having WLS! I'm so excited for her and wishing her all the best. She's going to be one amazing WLS success story. Donna originally thought she wouldn't get a date until after the first of the year, but things happened quickly and now it's HER time.

As for me, I'm just plugging along. I lost 2 lbs last week, which is fine. I'm still shrinking which is the most important thing. I went through my closet and pulled a bunch of clothes from the back that fit me so nicely now. It was almost like Christmas! This week I've been wearing my cute plaid wool skirts with tights - a bit of a naughty schoolgirl look. Yesterday I gave all of my slacks and a couple of skirts in size 22 to one of my coworkers. This lady is so sweet - I'm glad that she didn't take my offer of the clothes as an offense. Before my WLS, she and I were the biggest people in the office. Is it weird that I feel like I'm abandoning her?

4 Comments:

Blogger Shel said...

I don't think it's weird. We felt like such total social outcasts that we had to band together to survive. Maybe you will be an inspiration for her to loose some weight, but if not, you don't want her dragging you down with her. I love the idea of the plaid skirt and tights. I bet that is so cute!!

9:37 AM  
Blogger Too Fat To Fly... said...

Wow - I bet you look like a minx in your plaid skirt and tights :-)

Sounds as if everything is ticking along nicely. Well done you!

Warm hugs,

Lins x

11:20 AM  
Blogger Deluzy said...

For a while I felt as if I were leaving my fat self behind (in a bad way) when I gave away too-big clothes -- I didn't want to betray that self, you know? because she/I had done the best she/I could.

Way to go -- and your new photos are beautiful! I like the school girl look myself ...

2:47 PM  
Blogger SignGurl said...

I can't wait to give away my clothes. Right now I feel like I may never lose any weight. I've been stuck for a week. :(

4:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home