Becoming the Pin-Up Girl

I'm on a journey from obesity to health.. and I'm hoping to reveal my inner Pin-Up Girl along the way ;-)

Monday, November 20, 2006

Month two in the life of the future pin-up girl

Many post-ops told me that the first two months following WLS are the most difficult. I would have to agree. I'm beginning to accept my new way of life, both mentally and physically. I'm not obsessing about food..I can go for several hours without thinking about what I will eat next. My body likes what is happening to it - I have lots of energy.. I have zero sugar in my body.. I can move more freely and I'm experiencing less pain. I've come a long way in feeling satisfied mentally when Phyllis is full and I stop eating. I am absolutely 100% happy that I made the decision to have WLS and I do not have regrets. I think the first two months were, for me, about accepting and making peace with that decision. Now that I have, the fun can begin.

I had my first physical therapy session on Saturday. My therapist Sid is wonderful. He spent a lot of time asking me questions about my physical history, my injuries, the kind of pain that I have, and what my physical goals are. I felt like finally someone understood and could really help me. He quickly identified the injured muscle in the right thorasic region (mid-back area) where I hit when I fell down those stairs a year and a half ago. He did some deep tissue work on the muscle and he said he could feel the spasming. He feels that the injury is just in the soft tissue and not a structural injury (very good news!). He's going to work with me on healing the tissue and also working the joints in that area. Sid taught me 4 stretches that I'm to do each morning and evening until I go back on December 2. I'll be going the next 3 Saturdays after that, and then he'll reevaluate me. In the meantime, Chris and I decided to join Bally's gym. I'm going to use the treadmill and start doing some resistance work on my legs and arms to start toning up.

And - saving the best for last...... I weighed in at 249 on Saturday! Woohoo baby.. I'm under 250! I had a 5 pound week and I'm SO glad that the scale is starting to move for me. My clothes are fitting nicely and I'm getting into dressing up again. It's been fun being all girlie again! At my Mom's house, I have a big suitcase filled with all of my "skinny" clothes (sizes 18 and 20) that I can take home with me after Thanksgiving. Can't wait to see what will fit me - I have a size 18 black leather skirt in there that I would love to be in by Christmas.

I'm so pumped up and ready to work hard to make it to my goals. I can already tell that month 3 is going to be fantastic!

5 Comments:

Blogger Donna said...

I just put the code back. I didn't mean to leave! I switched to Beta Blogger and messed up a few things!

All should be working now. Thanks for the encouragement!

As for you -- you go girl! You're doing amazing! I hope I do half as well as you!

BTW, love the wool plaid skirt and tights look :) If you're getting rid of them, send'em my way!!! LOL

:)

11:59 AM  
Blogger Dagny said...

You truly have the hardest work behind you and the rewards are coming your way! Enjoy it all!

4:50 PM  
Blogger Too Fat To Fly... said...

WoW - I'm so thrilled that everything is going well for you and that you are 100% happy.

It sounds as if you've had a really positive experience with the whole WLS. You continue to encourage & inspire people like me :-)

Big Hugs,
Lins x

7:45 AM  
Blogger SignGurl said...

You are an inspiration to me as well! You just may find that the size 18 skirt already fits.

11:20 AM  
Blogger Donna said...

No drain? Interesting; but then every surgeon has their own proceudres. You just never know. Dagny warned me how much it hurt when hers was pulled, and I didn't feel a thing!

But yeah, the drain came out of the wound near my right oblique. It was a long tube with a bulb on the end that would suction liquid from inside.

1:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home