Becoming the Pin-Up Girl

I'm on a journey from obesity to health.. and I'm hoping to reveal my inner Pin-Up Girl along the way ;-)

Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Happy (sugar-free) Halloween!

I am celebrating my first truly sugar-free Halloween. Even during my Atkins days, I "took the day off" on Halloween. Today has always been my favorite holiday, but I have to admit, this year I didn't get into it the way I usually do. Partly because I've been really busy and partly because I've been too preoccupied with Phyllis and my new way of life. Those things aside, I had a really good day. We had a potluck lunch at work and - believe it or not - there were lots of things that I could eat. I enjoyed socializing with my coworkers and also got to sample some yummy dishes .. chicken chili with white beans, hummus, 7 layer dip, and a big salad with chicken and almonds. I didn't even miss the sugary stuff because I was full of good protein. Next year, I know I'll enjoy my favorite holiday even more. I'll have to have my Marilyn Monroe costume taken in about 10 sizes by then!

Oh - and I found a great Wikipedia
article about celebrating a sugar-free (or reduced sugar) Halloween with your kids. I don't think we'll get trick-or-treaters this year, but there are lots of great ideas for guilt-free treats.

5 Comments:

Blogger Too Fat To Fly... said...

Hi Danyele,

I'm so glad to hear that you had a lovely Halloween! I can't wait to see the 'New you' this time next year :-)

All the best...

Lins x

1:41 PM  
Blogger Donna said...

Glad to read you're just moving right along. You're already on soft foods? Seems like you just got home yesterday! How timeflies!!

*hugs*

8:11 AM  
Blogger Danyele said...

Yep, been on soft foods for two weeks now. And in two more weeks, will be on solid food. Since being put back on Protonix, I haven't had any issues with digesting. Haven't gotten sick at all, thankfully. I'm starting to hate my protein drinks now though. I just ordered a whole bunch of samples to see if I can find something else that I like.

8:57 AM  
Blogger SignGurl said...

How exciting that you found food you could eat! I'm looking forward to actually chewing something, lol.

11:10 AM  
Blogger Shel said...

Halloween has always been my favorite time of year too, but we made it!! And you're absolutely right about the costume. Just think how sexay we're going to look by next year!!

10:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home