Becoming the Pin-Up Girl

I'm on a journey from obesity to health.. and I'm hoping to reveal my inner Pin-Up Girl along the way ;-)

Monday, November 06, 2006

My skinny jeans

Ok, so my skinny jeans are size 18s - but I got them on, dammit! They're not quite ready for public view.. I'll give them another week or so. And - I'm half way to my first major goal of getting back to 227 - my lowest weight during my Atkins days back in 2002-03. Just 29 lbs to go!

So I had yet another dr. appt today - I saw my PCP and asked for a referral to a physical therapist. My back has been spasming again for about a week or so. I want to get back into the gym REALLY BADLY, but I'm terrified that I'll reinjure my back. So in a week or so, I should have the insurance approval for PT. In the meantime, I got another Rx for Valium (thank goodness!) and I'm looking for a good massage therapist in the East Bay. Despite all of the back pain, I did climb all of the stairs at the BART station today. That felt good - 2 months ago there would have been no way.

The scale is moving for me, though it's a bit slower than I would like. I decided to start taking my Glucophage again to see if it helps me lose a bit easier. Dr. U had left it up to me whether or not I would take it again after surgery (I take it for PCOS, not diabetes). Now that I'm 7 weeks out, I'm giving it a try. I started taking it on Saturday and so far, so good. No major tummy issues with 500 mg., so I'll increase to 1000 mg. next week.

Oh - and a question for all of the post-ops - did you start noticing more restriction at 6-7 weeks out? I've read about people's pouches being "numb" right after surgery - and feeling fuller after a few weeks post-op. I'm feeling much fuller, much quicker now and thankfully, not having to eat quite as frequently. I still try to eat small amounts every 3-4 hours, but I'm not having as many blood sugar issues as before. Hell I don't know - I'm still trying to figure Phyllis out!!

1 Comments:

Blogger BreeB714 said...

Fantastic! go you!

10:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home