Becoming the Pin-Up Girl

I'm on a journey from obesity to health.. and I'm hoping to reveal my inner Pin-Up Girl along the way ;-)

Thursday, October 12, 2006

Who says this is easy??

Phyllis and I have had another week of getting to know each other, and let me tell you.. it has not been any walk in the park. After my 2 week appt, I was advanced to Dr. U's stage 3 diet and encouraged to add high protein soft foods to my diet - mainly tuna and cottage cheese. Last Sunday, I tried a couple of bites of tuna and it did NOT go well. I ended up vomiting and then heaving once there was nothing left. It was so awful. After that, even water felt like razor blades going down my esophagus. I had planned on going back to work on Monday, but could hardly get out of bed. My entire abdomen hurt from all of the heaving that I had done the day before. So Tuesday I went to see Dr. U. He put me back on Protonix and said that if I wasn't doing better by my one month appt next Tuesday, he would schedule yet another endoscopy. I'm happy to say that the Protonix did the trick! I think I'll need to stay on it for a couple of months while my pouch heals completely. Last night I was able to get down some pureed refried beans with no problems and I was able to get my fluids in. I'm really glad that I made the decision to see Dr. U and that I didn't try to "tough it out", because I'd probably still be in agony.

So far, I've lost 23 lbs - I'm averaging one pound a day. It feels fantastic! Yesterday was my first day back to work. Walking the 5 blocks from BART to my office, I could feel how much easier I was moving. I was able to do some of the stairs at the BART station and I know that I'll continue to do better and better. At lunch, I went to a Chinese deli that does wonton soup and I got a big bowl of broth for $1.50. I'm a big believer in the healing powers of Chinese soup! Phyllis and I both loved it. My energy stayed pretty high over the course of the day, but when I got home, I was tired. I had my beans and hung out with Chris for a while, and then crashed out early. This morning, I put on a pair of slacks that is already really loose on me and a top that finally FITS ME now. I fixed my cute new hair and went out the door with a smile on my face.

WLS certainly hasn't been easy so far, but I can already tell that it was WORTH IT!


Blogger Donna said...

I'm glad you went for help too! No need to suffer, plus it could have been an indication of something worse -- if there's one thing I've learned from reading all these fabulous blogs, is if you are questioning anything, don't be afraid to ask!

Keep wearin' that smile!

2:37 AM  
Blogger TooFatToFly said...

Hi Danyele,

So glad to hear that everything is going well for you.

Look after yourself!

Hugs x

6:28 AM  
Blogger Dagny said...

Oh man I think one night of PAIN early on is some kind of rite of passage! I had one and came close to going to the ER in the middle of the night. There are going to be bumps in the road alright but I'm SO HAPPY you're already feeling the benefits that will make it all worthwhile for you!


9:36 AM  
Blogger Sally Rand said...

I agree with Donna, good thing you checked it out. Ah yes, I remember my afinity for Asian soups, especially Tom Yum -- yummy!

Hope you are feeling better each day. I thought of you when I took further *toil* steps :) My b-day is just 'round the corner.

Take good care of yourself!

5:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home