Becoming the Pin-Up Girl

I'm on a journey from obesity to health.. and I'm hoping to reveal my inner Pin-Up Girl along the way ;-)

Monday, October 23, 2006

My luck

I am one of the unfortunate WLS post-op patients that still feels physical hunger. It took me about 3 weeks to really figure it out. When I went in for my one month appt, I asked Dr. U why I was feeling hungry and he couldn't give me a definite answer. Not every WLS patient loses the hunger sensation after WLS. And I'm one of those unlucky folks.

So far, eating every 3 hours has helped. If I don't, I feel sick.. lightheaded or headachy.. my stomach feels like it's going to turn inside out. It really sucks. I hoped that I would be free of thinking about food for a while. But no. I'm not that lucky.

5 Comments:

Blogger Donna said...

Hey, hang in there -- I know my surgeon says that it can take up to 6 weeks to make the "disconnect" from food.

11:25 AM  
Blogger Danyele said...

Hi Donna.. it's not a mental "disconnect". It's a physical thing.. it feels like a hypoglycemic episode. I become nauseated, light-headed - just feel generally yucky - unless I feed my body 1/4 cup every 3-4 hours. I'm going to have to do the 5 small meals a day instead of 3 regular meals a day. I'm just disappointed because I didn't think my body was going to do this.

11:52 AM  
Blogger Dagny said...

Your weight loss has started and it's going to continue. Seeing and feeling the loss over time will go a long way in helping you stick to your plan. You WILL reap the rewards! You're the boss of Phyllis! Take care Danyele!

2:57 PM  
Blogger SignGurl said...

I read this last night and didn't have a response. To be honest, I was worried that this might happen to me.

I know that th WL center tells patients to eat every 2-3 hours for the first couple of months because it's so hard to get in all the protein. It sounds like you are doint everything right.

5:19 AM  
Blogger Too Fat To Fly... said...

Hi Danyele,

I'm sorry to hear that you feel disappointed in the way your body has responded to the surgery.

Like Dagny said: you are already experiencing some great weight loss and I'm sure that this alone will be enough to spur you on.

Keep at it lass!

Squishy Hugs,

Lins x

7:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home