Becoming the Pin-Up Girl

I'm on a journey from obesity to health.. and I'm hoping to reveal my inner Pin-Up Girl along the way ;-)

Sunday, October 22, 2006

Month one in the life of the future pin-up girl


And what a month it has been.. whew. It's been a rollercoaster so far.

I had my one month checkup with Dr. U last week - I'm down 25 lbs, which I'm very happy with. I lost it all in the first 3 weeks and then the scale stopped moving. It was actually right after I started using my new bc method - Nuvaring, which I love! At first, I started to get frustrated, but then I decided to get off the scale and start focusing on what my body was doing. It is definitely shrinking. I put the scale downstairs in our locked storage unit and I'm only going to get it out on Saturdays to weigh. I've gone down two pant sizes already, and most of my size 20s are fitting nicely.

I think the most difficult part of the last month has been the emotional part. I've had a lot of sad things happen just in the last few weeks (ended my long-time friendship with L.. long story - and my Dad has moved back to St. Louis) and I haven't had my old stress-reliever, food, to rely on and make it all better. That has been the toughest part.. feeling my emotions without the filter that food used to provide.

Food's role in my life has changed significantly. I am happy to say that I've been able to tolerate food much more easily after starting the Protonix. I've been able to cook a few things for Chris and I to eat together, which has been great. I've always enjoyed cooking for the simple pleasure of caring for other people. Now that I'm able to eat more solid protein (ground meat (turkey/chicken/a little beef), shrimp, fish), I'm cooking healthy meals that are good for both of us. That's a nice feeling. And the best part is - I'm not craving sugar AT ALL. Having it out of my system for 5 weeks now has been wonderful. I don't even want the artificial sweetened stuff, like sugar-free popsicles and things.


That's the quick update - I promise I'll write more soon.

2 Comments:

Blogger Donna said...

This is just great! I'm glad you're doing so well. I can't believe it's been 5 weeks already -- seems like just yesterday you came home!

5:52 AM  
Blogger Too Fat To Fly... said...

I'm so happy to hear that things seem to be working out okay with you and your weight loss. It's great that you are not becoming obsessed with the scale (something that I tend to do)! I think weighing once a week is MORE than enough.

Sorry to hear that you've had a bad month otherwise. At least you are no longer using food as a crutch!

All the best Danyele. Look after yourself :-)

Hugs

Lins x

7:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home