Becoming the Pin-Up Girl

I'm on a journey from obesity to health.. and I'm hoping to reveal my inner Pin-Up Girl along the way ;-)

Wednesday, October 01, 2008

A very nice evening

Well, the eBay auction isn't looking good for the ring. Oh well. We'll try again if we don't get this one. The auction closes in about 2 hours - I'm winning right now, but we can't afford to increase our bid much more.

I had a really nice visit last night. Two of my best friends, John (to my right) and his bf Shane (to my left), came over bearing a huge bouquet of gorgeous flowers and yummy Thai takeout. It was a great pick-me-up. I haven't really been able to get out of the house much since my surgery, and I've been missing my friends terribly. Here is a pic from last night - you can see what my incision looks like. After my appt. with Dr. Randall next week, I can start putting some scar treatments on it. I can't put anything on it for now. I think I'll be wearing a lot of scarves and turtlenecks this winter.


*Update - yeah, we lost the auction :-( ..sigh. Oh well, we'll keep looking. It's still great knowing that I can call him my fiancee soon!

3 Comments:

Blogger Mamacita Chilena said...

oh my gosh, can't believe you've been going through so much! glad to see you're healing and in good spirits...

8:24 AM  
Blogger Amber said...

You still look great!! I just mae the comment today about being thankful winter was coming and no short sleeve shirts anymore!! lol Arg for us! ;)

1:08 PM  
Blogger Katrina said...

glad to see you are recovering well. that scar will be nothing in no time.

12:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home