Becoming the Pin-Up Girl

I'm on a journey from obesity to health.. and I'm hoping to reveal my inner Pin-Up Girl along the way ;-)

Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Picking up the pieces

Slowly but surely, I'm working to get myself out of the negative "poor me" frame of mind. I'm making small strides, but I still have a lot to do. I went back to physical therapy this morning, and we're joining Ballys this weekend. I really liked the physical therapist that I worked with today. She started off by warming me up on a big heating pad for 15 minutes, then we went through my stretch routine. I've been stretching on and off in the evenings, but I need to make it a daily (or better yet, twice daily) routine. When I told the pt that I would be joining a gym over the weekend, she was really excited for me and she showed me a few routines that would be appropriate for me to do with the weight machines. I'm also going to look into the times for their aqua-aerobics classes (they have a 3-lane Olympic length pool - yea!) and yoga and Pilates. All of the classes are included, so it's just up to me to make it happen.

Big incentive coming up - I'm going to New York City the week of July 14 for work. I'll be doing A LOT of walking, as I'll be doing several hotel site inspections. I really want to enjoy myself and I do not want to be in pain on the trip.

3 Comments:

Blogger Katrina said...

i'm so glad to see you posting more often. welcome back, girlfriend! the gym sounds awesome and just where you need to be. love ya.

7:34 PM  
Blogger Kim said...

Hotel site inspections-- oooh, I want to come and do this with you! Which ones?

6:12 AM  
Blogger Donna said...

whoohoo! love the motivation I'm seeing in you.

I belive you can do it. Now you need to believe you can do it. :)

2:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home