Becoming the Pin-Up Girl

I'm on a journey from obesity to health.. and I'm hoping to reveal my inner Pin-Up Girl along the way ;-)

Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Treading water

Chris and I finally joined our local Bally gym and started working out together. I really like the facility - it's really clean, has lots of equipment and lots of classes - and best of all, it has a pool and a hottub! Last night I did the stretch routine that my pt taught me, then I did 20 minutes on the treadmill, and I followed up with some laps in the pool. I could only do 6 laps (2 freestyle, 2 breaststroke, and 2 with a kickboard), but it's a start. I have a session with a personal trainer next Monday night. Two sessions are included with my membership. If I can swing it, I might do a few more sessions until I have a good routine down. I'm completely lost when it comes to weight machines, and I'm not sure what would be safe to do with the neck and back issues.

Something weird happened when I got home from the gym last night - I threw up for the first time since my RNY. I've had dry heaves plenty of times, but I've never been able to actually get anything up, which I've always thought was really bizarre. I read about other RNY patients that throw up all of the time, especially after overeating. Well, I tried to eat some steak and steamed veggies - got about two bites of steak in and a few veggies, and Phyllis decided it wasn't happening. I didn't feel nauseous or anything, like I do with a dumping episode - in fact I felt perfectly fine after the food came up. I guess I might have to just do protein drinks after a workout.

6 Comments:

Blogger Katrina said...

sorry to hear phyllis had such a bad episode after your workout, but i'm happy to hear that you worked out and enjoyed it! exercise is great for both your mental and physical health. phyllis will learn to cope.

1:56 PM  
Blogger Amber said...

I'm so glad to see you back!! I've missed you girl!! :)

3:27 AM  
Blogger SignGurl said...

Woo hoo for exercise!!! You go girl!

6:14 PM  
Blogger Donna said...

Awesome on getting back to the gym! Another step each day brings you closer to where you want to be. :)

2:38 PM  
Blogger Sheena said...

I just found your blog, and I am actually on here as well. I am on the same journey as you, so if you need help or a shoulder I am just an email away. Good move on becoming healthier, and please keep posting! don't give up.

7:31 PM  
Blogger Katrina said...

hey there, girlfriend. i know you are going through some really rough times, but don't stop posting. as a matter of fact, this is the most important time to post.

i love you and can't wait to see you at christmas.

5:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home