Becoming the Pin-Up Girl

I'm on a journey from obesity to health.. and I'm hoping to reveal my inner Pin-Up Girl along the way ;-)

Thursday, September 06, 2007

I HEART my Pilates class!

I had a great time. There were about 12 women in the class all together - and most of them were about the same size as me.. they ranged from about a 10 to a 14, most with pudgy middles. I felt so comfortable and confident. It's great not being the biggest person in a group any longer. The instructor is this late-30s blonde hardbody.. bit on the airhead side, but nice. So the technique that we learned.. it's a lot like yoga. But with less focus on "poses" and more focus on very controlled stretches. I didn't find it difficult. Not to say that it was easy, or that I'm not sore today (cuz damn! am I ever), but I didn't struggle. I was able to do all of the moves without feeling like an elephant attempting ballet.

And - big news! I have some serious motivation to get in shape now. Yesterday I was invited by British Airways for a Fam trip to London over Thanksgiving! It's a really sought-after invitation - only 2 people in my company were asked. Business class.. 5 star hotel.. wining and dining.. and this will be my first trip to London. Can't wait! The bad news is that I'm not able to take a guest, so Chris can't go with me. He made me promise that I would go and have a fabulous time. He's really proud of me and excited for me. God, I love that man so so much.

I want to look H-O-T for my trip across the pond, so I'm going to work HARD. I promise.

5 Comments:

Blogger Dagny said...

WOW, what great news all around!!! First of all, I'M SO HAPPY you love the Pilates class 'cos I was bummin' your injury was holding you back from swimming. The KEY is to find the activity you enjoy so that you'll DO IT and it sounds like you've hit on a keeper!

And to have a goal like LONDON!!! What a reward!!! You've got a nice amount of time before the trip to have achieved a level of greater energy to enjoy it all, you'll have toned up a bit by then and you'll fit into more cool stuff when you go shopping.

I'm thrilled for you!! You deserve it!

5:18 PM  
Blogger Katrina said...

congratulatoins! isn't it amazing how great a workout stretching can be??? you are motivating me to get my butt and abs in gear.

6:37 AM  
Blogger Steph said...

Wow, London. That is so great for you. You deserve everthing that is coming to you and more.

I tried calling you back the other day but it went straight to voice mail. I am going out of town on Sunday to Atlanta (work) and wont be back until next Fri. Give me a call next weekend.

9:09 AM  
Blogger Too Fat To Fly... said...

What do you mean, "You want to look hot for your trip across the pond?"

You already look hot!!

Well done on upping the exercise. I'm sure you'll soon see even more of a change in your body :-)

Keep up the fab work...

xx

11:49 AM  
Blogger Ammie said...

I'm jealous of you for two reasons...1.) You get to go on a fabulous trip to London and 2.) It sounds like you've found a way to be active that you enjoy. I'm not there yet. : (

5:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home