Becoming the Pin-Up Girl

I'm on a journey from obesity to health.. and I'm hoping to reveal my inner Pin-Up Girl along the way ;-)

Friday, June 23, 2006

Over it

I'm officially done feeling sorry for myself. ((sniff)) I know in my heart that I will have WLS and that when the time is right, it will happen. I've had a few difficult days though. I had to go cold turkey off of all NSAIDs and I gave up caffeine of every kind and spicy food just to be sure. I waited 3 days for my PCP to finally get around to calling in some pain meds for me. My back was killing me and I had a major headache that lasted the whole 3 days. So last night after I finally got the meds, I was able to get a good night's sleep.

I have more fun dr. appointments next week to look forward to .. at least they'll make me feel like I'm still accomplishing things and getting closer to the surgery. Monday afternoon is the consultation at the Sleep Disorder center that will diagnose my sleep apnea. I guess they'll schedule the actual overnight study a week or two after. On Friday, I have the appts with the nutritionist and the psychiatrist. Then July 7, it's the abdominal ultrasound. After that, I'll just be waiting while my ulcers heal... If all goes well, they should be able to send off for the approval at the end of August. Cross your fingers everybody!

I've read several lists that other pre-op folks like myself have put together of things they would like to do after the WLS. I think this will help me to re-focus on some of the reasons that I'm doing this, so here goes...

I will walk and hike and enjoy the outdoors without pain and without sweating like a farm animal on auction day.

I will swim again with confidence and join a master's swim league. I might even look cute in a swimsuit.

I will take the stairs at the BART station and at work.

I will get back "on top" with my honey and not feel self-conscious about it ;-)

I will enjoy shopping and dressing up and being a "girly-girl" again

I will shave my legs and give myself pedicures with ease

I will not shy away from going out or being social because I'm embarrassed that I've gained weight.

I will enjoy exercise again.. really

I will enjoy being in front of a camera again.. who knows, maybe even a video camera.. (grin)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home