Becoming the Pin-Up Girl

I'm on a journey from obesity to health.. and I'm hoping to reveal my inner Pin-Up Girl along the way ;-)

Monday, June 19, 2006

So disappointed

I had my endoscopy this morning. They found 4 ulcers. Dr. U said that they have most likely been caused by the amount of ibuprofen and other NSAIDs that I've taken over the last 2 years.. I have a herniated disc in my neck and then last year, I fell down 9 concrete stairs and banged myself up pretty good. I've had pretty severe muscle spasms in my back since then. So he is prescribing some medication to heal the ulcers .. I have to take it for 2 months, then have another endoscopy. So that's going to push my WLS back even further. No way to have it by the end of summer. At this rate, I'll be lucky to have it before the end of the year.

3 Comments:

Blogger Melissa said...

Aloha Danyele, Thank God that the ulcers were found presurgery and that they can be taken care of. You want our body in good health as the surgery is major surgery. There is a reason for everything that happens, be patient. In the meantime prepare yourself physically and mentally for WLS.You will have it, it will happen. Smile my friend your rainbow is within your reach. I send you hugs, smile things will get better. Have faith, great things will happen, put it all in God's hands. Aloha

3:29 AM  
Blogger Dagny said...

Bummer! Just keep going and it will happen. I always say, when you give up you are guaranteed to not get what you're working for, but keep at it and eventually it WILL happen. I worked two years to get my insurance approval. It was tough! But it paid off. You will get the surgery and it will pay off for you too!

10:16 AM  
Blogger ShirleyValentine said...

I am stopping my anti-inflammatories TODAY! I don't have to have a scope before surgery, but have been on Mobic for 3 years. Sorry this will put your surgery back a few months but it is a good thing you found out before. It took me 2 years to finally get my date so I am sure you will be faster than me.
Take Care,
Susan

2:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home