Becoming the Pin-Up Girl

I'm on a journey from obesity to health.. and I'm hoping to reveal my inner Pin-Up Girl along the way ;-)

Friday, June 09, 2006

Getting myself ready

Well, I made it to the gym on Monday and met Diana. She was really sweet to me and made me feel really comfortable. I managed to do 20 min. on the treadmill at a pretty good pace. I was completely drenched when I was done, but it felt great. My poor legs wobbled for about 5 min. after I got off that machine.. they hadn't had a workout like that in a long time.

I'm starting to make little changes now so that I won't have such a hard time after the WLS. Exercise was the first step.. (going back this weekend for more treadmill and maybe some swimming..still haven't braved the trying on of the swimsuit).. then I gave up coffee about 5 days ago. That one's been surprisingly easy so far.. I've just downed as much water as I can.. and the occasional cup of iced tea.. and it's been ok. Lastly, I'm trying to weed out the carbs. This part is never easy, but I know that I have to do it. I've made lots of egg salad for breakfast and tuna and chicken salads for lunch.. and I've had just a few Wheat Thins along with them to keep myself from feeling completely deprived. However, in my ultimate wisdom, I decided to do all of this the same week that PMS hit me like a Mack truck. Poor Chris... I owe him a big kiss and a big "Thank you" for putting up with me this week. It didn't help that my lil brother called me yesterday to tell me that he and his fiance are preggers.. - don't get me wrong... I'm very happy for them and I know my lil Bubba will be a fantastic Dad. But I can't help feeling a little envious. One of the reasons that I decided to have WLS was so that I'll have an easier time conceiving in a couple of years. I'm already 32 and I hope that I don't have too many problems with infertility.. especially because I have PCOS. I know the WLS should help with all of that.. but the waiting is just so tough. I hate not knowing if I'll get a date 2 months or 6 months from now. I just have to stay positive until the day comes. I'm sure trying :-b

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home