Becoming the Pin-Up Girl

I'm on a journey from obesity to health.. and I'm hoping to reveal my inner Pin-Up Girl along the way ;-)

Thursday, November 20, 2008

He popped the question...

and I said "YES!"

It's official.. Chris and I are engaged. I've been walking around all day like a big dork with a cheesy grin on my face. I'm just so happy and excited.. I don't know how I'm going to make it through this day of work.

It was sweet and simple - he surprised me at work with flowers and chocolate covered almonds. And from the silly look on his face, I knew what was up. I told him "not here" and I started to blush. So we went for a walk by my office. He sat me down on the marble steps of the Federal Reserve Bank.. he got down on one knee.. and he sweetly asked me to marry him. I will remember the look in his eyes for the rest of my life.

There's no date yet. I'm just excited to have made it this far. For now, I'm content in using the word "fiancee" and showing off my ring. Oh yeah - the ring! Here's a pic:


I love it - I can't stop looking at it. I can't stop thinking about our future. I can't stop smiling!

11 Comments:

Blogger Donna said...

Awwww, congratulations! I love the ring! I think it suits your poersonality... it's vitange with a contemporary twist. :)

Enjoy one another!

Donna :)

12:07 PM  
Blogger Melinda said...

Congratulations, lovely girl! I'm so happy for you!

12:12 PM  
Blogger Katrina said...

congratulations! i can't wait. are you still planning a destination wedding? i can't wait to talk to you and hear all the details!

12:25 PM  
Blogger Amber said...

CONGRATS!!! That ring is beautiful!!! Yay!!

1:15 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Congratulations! The ring (and you) are beautiful!

~Leah
my pink toes

10:04 PM  
Blogger Yoli said...

Congratulations!!! It is gorgeous!

8:01 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

Congrats to you and chris...simply wonderful!

4:53 AM  
Blogger SignGurl said...

Congratulations!!! Doing the happy dance for you!!!

The ring is very beautiful!

10:01 AM  
Blogger Tracy said...

HOLY CRAP!!! I've missed a lot!

CONGRATS!!!!

10:57 AM  
Blogger so forgetful said...

what a gorgeous ring. I'm jealous

10:49 PM  
Blogger so forgetful said...

p.s. I'm a wedding photographer if you need one (I'm real affordable)

10:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home