Becoming the Pin-Up Girl

I'm on a journey from obesity to health.. and I'm hoping to reveal my inner Pin-Up Girl along the way ;-)

Thursday, September 13, 2007

Release

Why do I always forget what a great stress reliever exercise is?

My work day absolutely sucked yesterday. The only thing that kept me going through the day was the thought of shutting everything out and enjoying my Pilates class. As it turned out, I had to work about 40 minutes late and I was 10 minutes late for class. But I refused to miss it.

The best part of the class was the 10 minute relaxation/cool down at the end. The instructor (I still don't remember her name!) had all of the lights turned down and she had some groovy new-agey tribal-ish music playing. She had us get into the position that you see in the pictue - but with our backs on the floor and our butts directly up against the wall. Basically like an upside-down frog. Omg - I felt every one of my vertebrae pop back into position. It actually took my breath away for a moment. We spent about 5 minutes like this and the next 5 minutes with our legs spread out into a 'V' - minds clear, just connecting to our bodies. Loved it. I left with a warm buzzing in all of my muscles and a big smile on my face.

4 Comments:

Blogger Dagny said...

Oh man that sounds great. I'm so bummed to be sick I can't stand it!

9:11 PM  
Blogger Sheri said...

I climbed a mountain on Sunday after a crappy week and felt SO much better-way to go endorphins

6:30 AM  
Blogger Tracy said...

Been a week Danyele........ checking on ya.

1:41 PM  
Blogger Jessica6903 said...

Just discovered your blog - Looks like you are doing GREAT! I will have to go back and read through your archives. I put a link to your blog on mine. I hope that's okay -- otherwise I will take it down. Keep up the great work!!

Jessica
http://lap-bandexperience.blogspot.com/

7:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home